Saturday, March 14, 2009

So few weekends, so many lakes..........

Today Dick and I went to Dry Lake and Muslatt Lake. He almost got in the water, but the stars weren't lined up right. We had a great time in spite of the rain. I did find out more that we had in common though; he likes fig newtons and so do I. Of course I like Apple Newtons, Strawberry Newton, Apple Newtons, and Fig Newtons. I'm not partial to any one more than the other, I like all of them equally.


Thank goodness for weekends. If it weren’t for weekends I’d be really boring instead of kinda boring. I think that this work weekend thing is backwards. Weekends are too short and the work week is way too long.

During the week the most interesting thing I do after work is go shopping for a new toothbrush. I can’t really decide between the one that is supposed to reduce cavities (Something about the way the bristles are manufactered. They’re blessed by a Monji Monk before they’re placed into the plastic.) and the one that has a built-in flossing tool in the handle. I guess I’ll have to decide sooner of later. Maybe a little later.

I generally only do that when I know that Sandi isn’t going to be home early. It’s kind of boring around the house without her there. Ohmah isn’t too much of a conversationalist. Sometimes I’ll slip over to Randy and Claudia’s house to see our new grandson, Gonzo. Fortunately for me Sandi’s a smart woman and she’s generally over there before I am. Visiting Gonzo, now that's fun. He’s really cool. Randy and Claudia are going to have to start reading a new genre of books. They’re going to have to start reading books that start like this, “Once upon a time…..”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your musings Jimmy! I think I need to start that kind of blog, or is it a blog? that way i can just muse or whatever and not worry if I am saYING ANYTHING RELATIVE, BECAUSE IT'S JUST MUSINGS; RIGHT?